Happy New Year, I hope all had a great Christmas Season! Our #1 energy saving tip for 2013 (best bang for your dollar) is an energy saving programmable thermostat. Depending on your lifestyle habits including work schedules, bedtimes etc. a programmable thermostat can save from 5% to 11% on your energy bills.
As for utility costs, natural gas continues to be 40% to 60% less expensive than most other sources for heating in the Northeast Ohio Area. Questions remain concerning the long term effects on the environment from the newer drilling techniques.
Other Energy Saving Tips:
- When considering a new television, LED Flat Screens use less energy and produce less heat (lower cooling bills) than other types of displays.
- Change your furnace filter (lowers drag on the blower motor reducing electric use).
- Seal leaks around doors and windows. Loose windows and doors can leak the equivalent of all the air inside your home over 20 times in a 24 hour period!
- Make sure your attic is well insulated and ventilated properly.
- Lower the temperature on your Hot Water Tank.
Have a safe and wonderful 2013!