Your water should operate so smoothly and efficiently that you don’t think about it until it is time for its yearly maintenance. However, if your water heater is drawing attention to itself in a bad way by not producing enough hot water, not working at all, or running inefficiently, it is time to have it diagnosed by one of our experienced water heater repair technicians at Jennings. In addition to HVAC and electrical services, we also repair water heaters in the Canton area.
Know the Signs of a Broken Water Heater
Many of the signs that indicate a problem with your water heater are noticeable without having to look at the water heater itself. You can learn most of what you need to know by observing the water that is coming out of your taps. When something goes wrong, you will likely be able to notice one of the following:
- Rust-Colored Water- any time the water coming out of your faucets is a muddy brown or rust-colored, it is important to have your plumbing system, and specifically, your water heater inspected. Rust-colored water can be the result of corrosion in your tank, sediment at the bottom of your tank, and more. This should be diagnosed quickly to avoid tank leaks or a complete system failure.
- Cold Water: Any time you turn on the hot water but only cold water comes out of the faucet, it is a sign that your water heater needs to be repaired. At Jennings, we can be there quickly so that you don’t have to go without hot water for long. There may be a problem with the gas supply, or the pilot light may have gone out.
- Hot Water Running Out: If your hot water is consistently running out in the middle of a shower or while you are trying to do a load of laundry or wash some dishes, this may simply be a sign that you have a water heater with too small of a tank for your needs. However, it may also mean that one of your heating elements has stopped working or there is a problem with your dip tube.
- Bad-smelling Water: If your water smells bad, there may be a buildup of bacteria inside your tank. The most common smell is the smell of sulfate bacteria, which smells like rotten eggs.
Other problems can only be observed by inspecting your water heater. You should look at your water heater occasionally to look for the following signs.
- Corrosion: Sometimes corrosion can be seen on the outside of the water heater or near attachments before it causes rust-colored water.
- Leaks: Unfortunately a leak in the tank of your water heater is probably a sign that your water heater needs a replacement. However, leaks can also occur as a result of a faulty connection, a broken pressure relief valve, or water that is set at too high of a temperature.
- Unusual Noises: Any loud or unusual noises such as boiling sounds or banging sounds should be addressed by a repair team at Jennings. These sounds are not normal and could indicate a serious or even dangerous problem.
You can call Jennings for Emergency water repair for urgent needs such as a leaking tank, a lack of hot water, or a problem with the gas line. We are here 24/7 with expert advice, and we are ready at any moment to get in our truck and head to your home.
Water Heater Maintenance
You can avoid many of the problems that we have already discussed by having Jennings come and perform some basic maintenance on your water heater every year. One of the most important maintenance tasks is to flush the tank of the water heater. Sediment, mostly made of minerals, can collect on the bottom of your tank leading to corrosion, inefficient operation, and loud banging noises.
Water Heater Repair with Jennings
At Jennings, we repair all types of water heater systems including tankless water heaters. We have been performing these repairs for many years and we know what it takes to fix a problem so that it doesn’t come back. Our prices for water heater repairs are always straightforward and upfront, and you will never be surprised when you receive your bill.
We are proud of being a part of the Canton community by providing water heater repair services in the area. With 90 years of experience in home maintenance, there is no one better to trust with your water heater needs. Contact us today for more information.
Related Water Heater and Heating Services
- Water Heater Installation
- Heater Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Furnace Installation
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Tune-Up