An ice-cold shower, a puddle of water in the utility room, and rusty water coming out of the pipes are probably not what you were expecting today, but perhaps your water heater had other plans. Water heaters, though necessary, can cause a lot of disruption to a home when something goes wrong.
You likely rely on your water heater for many tasks throughout the day, whether its showering, cleaning laundry, washing the dishes, or washing your hands. Hot water is essential for modern life. Because of this, a malfunctioning water heater can quickly bring a home to a standstill.
When your water heater is giving you troubles, you can rely on Jennings for quality repair service to get your unit back up and running as fast as possible. Our experts are trained and experienced with both water heater tanks and tankless models for complete service no matter what heats the water in your home.
FAST AND RELIABLE WATER HEATER REPAIR
Whether your water heater is leaking, unreliable, or simply not working, you don’t have time to wait around for repairs. You need it back up and running fast! That is why we are available 24/7 for emergency repair services.
Our NATE certified technicians will arrive with their “warehouse on wheels” fully stocked to cut down on repair wait times so you can get back to enjoying hot water in no time. You can count on our professionals to fully examine your water heater, uncover the main issue, and offer appropriate solutions for your needs and budget.
Not every water heater issue will require a replacement. If your water heater is less than 10 years old, we will try our best to preserve the unit so you don’t have to replace it sooner than you need to. Since 1931 in business, our team has enough industry knowledge to provide you with the best recommendations for your home and its systems.
SIGNS YOUR WATER HEATER NEEDS REPAIR
When your water heater isn’t performing up to your expectations, don’t hesitate to give Jennings a call for repair service. Your water heater may need professional repair if you notice any of the following issues:
- A lack of hot water. There can be many reasons for a lack of hot water from your tank. A buildup of sediment over time will diminish a water heater’s efficiency. However, if the supply of hot water ceased suddenly, then a heating element may be going bad and will need to be replaced.
- Tank is leaking from the top. Many times, this is caused by a loose or corroded intake water line. A simple replacement can resolve this issue and preserve your tank.
- Tank is leaking from the bottom. This could be from internal damage, a loose drain valve, or too much pressure in the tank causing the pressure release valve to leak. Leaks, no matter where they are coming from, should be immediately addressed by a professional to avoid extensive damage to the unit and its surroundings.
- The pilot light struggles to stay lit. Water from a leak can get high enough to block air intake that the pilot light needs to stay lit. If water isn’t the issue, then the pilot light may need repair or replacement.
- Rusty or cloudy water is coming out of your pipes. Rusty water coming from the hot tap only indicates a presence of rust within the water heater. When this happens, it’s only a matter of time before the unit corrodes, leaks, and will need replacement. If it’s cloudy, then this may be due to a buildup of sediment within the unit.
- Water smells bad. If your water has a strong odor, it can be from the mineral buildup or from bacterial growth in your unit. Either way, you will want to call a professional to help restore clean and safe water to your home.
A water heater needs regular maintenance to help it avoid premature breakdown and repair needs. No matter how new the water heater, a yearly checkup can help preserve its efficiency and lower its operational costs. Not to mention, it can help keep your family safe from electrical or gas related emergencies when a part unexpectedly fails.
You can give our experts a call to set up an annual inspection and benefit from continued reliability with your water heater. They will test your unit, check for signs of wear and tear, perform minor repairs, and alert you when it is time for a replacement. Get the most out of your water heater with repair and maintenance services from Jennings.