Before the first flurries of our cold, Ohio, winters start swirling, find a heating contractor who specializes in furnace tune ups in Akron, Ohio, to tune up your heating system. As anyone who has spent time in a cold, dreary house without heat knows, it’s important that your furnace be in peak operating condition before you need it. Consider furnace tune-ups as part of your regular furnace maintenance.
BENEFITS OF A FURNACE TUNE-UP
You may not think about your furnace too much until something goes wrong. However, you can reduce the number of times problems arise by having it annually inspected by a professional technician. Even a furnace that is a year old can benefit from a tune-up. You don’t have to wait until it’s near the end of its life and starting to slow down before you perform maintenance. In fact, the more often your furnace is inspected, the better it will run year after year.
With a professional furnace tune-up, you will benefit in the following ways:
- Higher efficiency heats home faster
- Lower monthly operational costs
- Safe and secure heating
- Preventative repairs taken care of before a major breakdown
- Longer lifespan for your furnace
- Stay updated on next replacement need
Can’t I do my own furnace tune-ups?
Perhaps you’re a stickler for keeping your home ventilating system in tip-top condition. Routinely, you:
- Change your furnace filters every three months or even sooner, if they look like they need it
- Vacuum register vents and ensure that they are not blocked by furniture or other odds and ends
- Change the batteries in your thermostat and double-check your programmed settings
Isn’t that enough? Aren’t furnaces today made to operate nearly maintenance free? What does a professional heating contractor do to tune up a furnace that I can’t?
There are a lot of mechanical parts, gas lines, and electrical work in your furnace. Although dangerous situations are rare when furnaces are installed up to current codes and regulations, there is always a risk of injury or fire when parts fail. Pilot light and gas burner issues can lead to carbon monoxide leaks. This odorless gas can cause severe health effects if not immediately addressed. We recommend installing a CO detector near your furnace and calling a professional right away if it alerts you to a leak.
Because the internal parts of a furnace can be complicated, repairs and maintenance are best left to the professionals. Besides minimizing risk of injury, professional technicians can also keep a trained eye on your system for wear and tear and address potential problems before they create a significant issue in the dead of winter.
How a professional performs furnace tune ups
In addition to checking filters and register vents and testing your thermostat, a professional heating contractor is trained to
- Check for leaks or obstructions in the system’s ductwork and vents and professionally resolve them;
- Check that the thermostat properly communicates to the furnace to cycle the heat on and off;
- Check the furnace’s electrical/gas connections
- Clean and lubricate necessary components
- Inspect the furnace’s heat exchanger
- Adjust the pilot light
- and more!
It sounds simple. Any heating contractor can come in with a checklist and perform most furnace tune ups, right?
The Bigger Picture
At Jennings Heating and Cooling, we don’t perform furnace tune ups by rote checklist. Since 1931 in the industry, we know furnaces. We know home heating. The benefit of our decades-long experience allows us to consider the “bigger picture”. During furnace tune ups, a Jennings professional technician will actively look for potential problems.
Perhaps the ducts in your system are older. A Jennings professional may recommend duct cleaning to prevent a future mold problem. Perhaps the proximity of a washing machine causes the electrical connections to the furnace to become loose over time. A Jennings professional will discuss ways to stabilize those connections. At Jennings, we’re not just tuning up your furnace, we’re looking at your home heating system’s bigger picture.
The Jennings Difference
In addition to our long history of serving the Akron, Ohio, area, Jennings outshines the competition.
- Our service technicians are N.A.T.E (North American Technician Excellence) certified and receive more than 800 hours of training a year
- Angie’s List and the Better Business Bureau corroborate our reputation
- We quote all repairs with an up-front price that is guaranteed—no surprises
- We are a full-service heating and air conditioning contractor. From furnace tune ups to emergency repairs to new HVAC system installations, Jennings is your one-stop contractor
When it comes to your important home systems, don’t leave them in just anyone’s hands. For the highest trained and most experienced technicians in Akron, call Jennings for your next furnace tune-up.
OUR RELATED HEATING AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES:
- Emergency Furnace Repair
- Furnace Repair
- Heater Repair
- Heater Services
- Furnace Inspection
- Furnace Installation
- Furnace Maintenance
- Furnace Sales
- Furnace Services
- Water Heater Repair
- Water Heater Installation