As the last few weeks of winter weather fade away, before you know it you will be turning on your air conditioner for the first time since last season. Before the temperatures really start to heat up, have it professionally serviced and inspected as part of its regular maintenance. This way any minor hiccups can be addressed before you need your air conditioning the most. For optimal performance all summer long, call us for a complete tune-up this spring.
WHAT IS AN AC TUNE-UP?
Every year your air conditioning loses a little more efficiency. You can slow this rate of decline by scheduling a yearly tune-up with a certified professional. At Jennings, we will have all the tools necessary to inspect, repair, and fine-tune your unit. After we are finished, your air conditioner will have the best chance of providing you with safe and effective cooling this summer.
If you are looking for an HVAC repairman near you, give us a call and one of Jenning’s award winning, highly trained professional technicians will conduct an AC tune-up, including the following:
- Clean and lubricate internal mechanics.
- Inspect compressor and fan.
- Ensure adequate airflow throughout system.
- Calibrate the thermostat.
- Check electrical wires, connections, etc.
- Measure fluid levels and check for leaks.
- Search for signs of wear and tear.
Even if your unit is a year old, it can benefit from this vital maintenance. Much like a vehicle, your air conditioner will run best when it is regularly cared for. Neglected maintenance will result in a shorter lifespan, more frequent repair needs, diminished efficiency, and fewer comfortable days for you. Give your air conditioner the best shot at a long life by calling us today for service.
WHAT ARE THE THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO BEFORE AND AFTER A TUNE UP?
While a tune-up is critical for the overall health and efficiency of your air conditioner, there are other ways you can help maintain your unit throughout the year. Before powering up your air conditioner this spring, here are some things you can do to keep your AC healthy between tune-ups:
- Check around the outdoor unit for accumulated debris and vegetation. This may include leaves, overgrown bushes, and anything else that could be restricting airflow to the unit. You may want to continue to keep an eye on these things throughout the summer as well, especially after a windy day.
- Replace the air filter to ensure adequate internal airflow. The air filter should be exchanged every 1 to 3 months depending on several factors. If there are pets in the home or if allergies are an issue, then an exchange every 1 to 2 months is best. Before heading to the store, remember to write down the measurements and MERV rating on your current air filter. Remember, the MERV rating indicates what size particle and what percentage of the particles it will filter out of the air. The lower numbers filter only large particles like allergens and dust, and will only filter a low percentage of them at that. Higher MERV ratings filter out small particles like smoke, viruses, mold, and more.
- Maintain your air conditioner by calling a professional any time you notice an irregularity with your unit and its functioning. Ask yourself:
Has it suddenly ceased providing enough cool air for your home?
Is the unit leaking?
Is it making any strange noises or smells odd when you run your air conditioning?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, call our experts now, before permanent damage occurs.
Don’t hesitate to call about any issue with your air conditioner. We want you to enjoy the benefits of cooling comfort and safe indoor temperatures when the summer sun is beating down on Akron.
WHEN IS IT TIME FOR AN UPGRADE OR A REPLACEMENT?
We know in the busyness of life, a service check may get missed or a total replacement sneaks up on you sooner than you expect. When you join Jennings Rewards Club, you can rest assured knowing your systems are always cared for. Your unit is made a top priority when something goes wrong and it needs repair. Members also receive annual credit toward a future installation when it is time to replace.
While regular tune-ups and maintenance can significantly prolong the lifespan of your air conditioning system, there comes a point when an upgrade or replacement becomes the more beneficial option. Here are some key indicators that it may be time to consider an AC replacement:
- Age and Efficiency: Air conditioners typically have a lifespan of around 10 to 15 years. If your system is approaching or has surpassed this timeframe, it may be operating at reduced efficiency, resulting in higher energy bills. Upgrading to a newer, more energy-efficient model can lead to substantial cost savings in the long run.
- Frequent Repairs: If you find yourself frequently scheduling AC repairs and the costs are adding up, it might be more financially advantageous to invest in a new system. Continual repairs can be a sign that your current unit is no longer reliable or cost-effective to maintain.
- Outdated Technology: Advancements in air conditioning technology have introduced features that enhance comfort and energy efficiency. If your current system lacks modern features such as programmable thermostats, smart controls, or variable-speed compressors, upgrading to a newer model can provide enhanced comfort, better control, and increased energy savings.
- Poor Performance: If you notice inconsistent cooling, uneven airflow, or rooms that remain uncomfortably warm, it could be an indication that your air conditioner is struggling to meet your cooling demands. Upgrading to a more powerful and appropriately sized unit can ensure optimal cooling performance throughout your home.
When you reach the point where an upgrade or replacement is necessary, our team at Jennings is here to help. Our AC replacement services include a thorough assessment of your needs, professional installation, and expert guidance in selecting the right system for your home. Call us now to learn more about our AC installation services and schedule a consultation.